GLOBAL SUB-PRIME CRISIS

BANKILEAKS

Click on our Secret Library of Evidence ------>

    BANKILEAKS Secret Library

Loan Application Forms (LAF's)  

    Bank Emails to Brokers  

    Then Click on 'VIEW NOTEBOOK'

Join us on facebook
 

facebook3           facebook2 

BFCSA
MORTGAGE
DISTRESS SOS

What BFCSA Does...

BFCSA investigates fraud involving lenders, spruikers and financial planners worldwide.  Full Doc, Low Doc, No Doc loans, Lines of Credit and Buffer loans appear to be normal profit making financial products, however, these loans are set to implode within seven years.  For the past two decades, Ms Brailey, President of BFCSA (Inc), has been a tireless campaigner, championing the cause of older and low income people around the Globe who have fallen victim to banking and finance scams.  She has found that people of all ages are being targeted by Bankers offering faulty lending products. BFCSA warn that anyone who has signed up for one of these financial products, is in grave danger of losing their home.

Visitors

Articles View Hits
639848

Whistleblowers' Corner!

To all mortgage brokers, BDMs and loan approval officers! 
Pls Call Denise: 0401 642 344 

"Confidentiality is assured."

Cartoon Corner

Lighten your load today and "Laugh all the way to the bank!"

Denise Brailey

Led by award-winning consumer advocate Denise Brailey, BFCSA (Inc) are a group of people who are concerned about the appalling growth of Loan Fraud around the world. BFCSA (Inc) is a not for profit organisation in the spirit of global community concern and justice.

Click on the Cluster Map.

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Login
    Login Login form

BFCSA: More than the RBA: NAB expects 18pc decline in housing investment

Posted by on in ROYAL COMMISSION URGENT
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 116
  • 0 Comments
  • Print

More than the RBA: NAB expects 18pc decline in housing investment

Australian Financial Review Apr 17, 2019 6.03am

Michael Bleby

 

Australia's decline in housing new investment is likely to be twice as deep as the Reserve Bank expects, with a dip close to 20 per cent over the next two years, National Australia Bank says.

While the decline will still leave home-building - which has surged in capacity over the population-driven boom of recent years - above its previous trough, it would still be worse than policymakers expected, NAB chief economist Alan Oster said on Tuesday.

NAB's forecast of an 18 per cent decline in new housing investment over two years is not new - the bank made it in February. And while the lower house price expectations the bank published last week for Sydney homes increased the downside risks, NAB maintained its forecast, Mr Oster said.

"We haven’t really taken an axe to our previous forecasts," he said. "There’s enough damage already being done."

But that damage became apparent last week, with official figures showing new attached home construction starts falling at their fastest rate since the first oil shock in 1973, and the industry is likely to take time to recover. Reserve Bank governor Philip Lowe in February said he expected a 10 per cent decline in housing investment over the next two and a half years.

Mr Oster said the central bank's view of a fall this year and then stabilisation next year was unlikely.

"We have the fall happening now and bigger," he said.

"It goes 10 per cent this year but we also have 10 per cent next year as well."

One driver of lower housing investment is falling housing prices.

"When house prices fall, people go out to Bunnings and renovate, they don’t go and buy new houses," Mr Oster said.

The latest CoreLogic figures for March show Sydney dwelling values have fallen 13.9 per cent since their peak in July 2017, while Melbourne's property market was down 10.7 per cent from its peak a few months later in November 2017. Overall, the pace of decline slowed in March.

"If you were an optimist you could say the rate of decline is slowing, but it got here quickly," Mr Oster said.

Even though the peak-to-trough price declines - which NAB puts at 20 per cent in Sydney and 15 per cent in Melbourne - are likely to have worked their way out by the end of this year, it would take much longer for housing investment start picking up again, he said.

"Probably the other side of 2021, maybe 2022," Mr Oster said. "These things take time."

Despite a blip in February, new housing approvals for high-rise dwellings are likely keep declining, economists said.

 

Last modified on
Rate this blog entry:
0

Comments

  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Wednesday, 16 October 2019